Let’s cut the cheese, Python is a programming language like C, C++, and Java. There is nothing that Python cannot do. Python can do almost everything that all other programming languages can do. Let us look at some of the basic and best things that Python can do.
What is Python?
If you do not already know what Python is, here are some facts that I have listed down for you;
- Python is a simple, General-purpose, High-level, and Object-Oriented Programming language
- Python is one of the most popular and easy to learn programming languages that can be used to solve any problem in the world
- Python is well suited for the First time coders also for experienced professionals with prior knowledge of other programming languages.
- The powerful set of open Libraries make Python the pwoerful language in the world to adpat and achieve anything
What Python Can Do?
As I mentioned earlier, Python can do almost everything that the other programming languages can do, but, the difference is in the way Python’s interpretation works. Let us look at the different things Python can do.
- Web Scraping
- Web Development
- Data Science
- Game Development
Scripting is more or less like coding. Different people say different things about Scripting vs Coding. To me, Scripting is similar to Coding. The difference lies in the usage of the program that is written.
Scripting is a little high-level to the term Coding. Scripting is a process of writing certain lines of coding in any programming language to pass a set of instructions to a local computer and achieve a specific task.
The tasks could be anything. Some of them I have listed below.
- Python Program to Check Leap Year
- Count Number of Words in a Big File
- Split a Text file into multiple Text files
- Merge PDFs to Single PDF File
- Add Watermark to Images
- Send an email to an E-mail list
Coding is also writing code-snippets but, it is aimed to accomplish something bigger than processing a simple file. For example, you write a script to convert a CSV file into a Fixed-width file. Whereas, you create an application that can be used as a Software for a User to convert CSV file into a Fixed-width-file.
The word Scraping means pulling or dragging something from an object. The term Web Scraping became familiar and famous back in 2013.
- Web Scraping means grabbing information from a Weg page with or without permission from another website for personal or commercial purposes.
What Web Scraping Is Used For?
Web Scraping is used in many places where Data from around the Internet is necessary to achieve a goal some of them could be;
- A Search engine can crawl/scrape information from Websites around the world to rank the Pages and provide the content to the Users.
- A review/rating Website may want to compare prices/offers from various websites and show them in a consolidated view to the Users
Python provides a variety of Web Libraries to read a Web Page as an HTML, transforms it into an object, and lets the user process it in the desired way.
Web Development is another area where Python can be used to create Web frameworks. A Web framework is generally needed when a complex web application or portal is built.
In those complex web applications, server-side coding plays a vital role. Server-side code execution is different from client-side execution where the code on the Server side may connect to Databases and process the user’s data with complex logic. Whereas, the client-side execution is on the user’s browser.
But, again, Python provides a wide range of libraries Web frameworks to achieve the web development strategy in Python. Some of them are listed below.
I will write an article for each of the above to make you understand each of them better.
The terminology Data Science might look familiar and big to you. It is 🙂 As the term says it’s about playing around with the Data. The program that you create will live with the data rather than just processing it. When it comes to what Python can do Data Science is what it is to live for.
Data Science includes;
- Machine Learning
- Data Analytics
- Data Visualization
I think Machine Learning plays a vital role in the modern world. Machine Learning is majorly used in User-based web and mobile applications and web sites. Some of the areas it is used are;
- Bots – That responds automatically to user queries, in many apps you would have seen.
- Image processing – Comparing images, detection, and processing
- IVR – Dynamic voice response in IVR setups
Python provides tons of frameworks to analyze huge volumes of data in order for us businesses to make certain decisons that can change the course of life.
Sometimes, companies end up understanding trillions of GBs of data to understand or to predict the future of weather or whatever it is. In those cases, Python can help process the data faster than any other programming language and that’s where Data Analytics comes into the picture.
- Python is also a better platform for developing games.
- Development of 2D games and 3D games are easier in Python compared to other languages
- Python has the below Libraries that help develop Games;
I hope you enjoyed this article. I believe it would have given at least a high-level idea of what Python can do. Happy coding 🙂